Roatan Institute for Marine Sciences
Roatan Accommodations & Marine Studies in Honduras
We offer our facilities at the Roatan Institute for Marine Sciences (RIMS) to university and high school student groups for research programs such as marine research programs, coral reef, oceanography, biology, etc.
Special resort package rates are available to students participating in a structured program and escorted by a professor. A minimum of 11 students is required to conduct a group. A complimentary land package will be given to the Professor for every 11 paying students.
RIMS Student Group Package Includes:
- Hotel accommodations
- Full American meal plan – 3 meals daily
- Fully equipped dry and wet laboratories
- Large air-conditioned classroom with a/v equipment
- Specimen collections and reference library
- Tours and use of Roatan Museum that chronicles and displays the cultural & archaeological history of the region
- Two boat dives daily with guides, use of tanks, weights, and belts
- One night boat dive per week
- One dolphin swim
- Recreational services and facilities of adjacent Anthony’s Key Resort (Use of water sports equipment and picnics on the beach and key)
- Escorted round-trip transfer from airport to Institute
Details & Restrictions:
- Package inclusions are per person.
- The package is only available to high school or university students escorted by a professor with a structured program.
- Unused services of the package are non-refundable and non-transferable (no name changes allowed).
- One complimentary land package will be given to the Professor for every 11 paying students.
We have offered several familiarization trips in the past, which allows professors and instructors to visit our resort. These trips give you a chance to see our facility, meet our staff and familiarize yourself with the marine habitats. Ideally, a visit to our facility is encouraged prior to your arrival. If you are interested in bringing groups in the future, please contact the Education Coordinator.
RIMS Guidebook for Instructors
We invite you to download our free RIMS Guidebook for Instructors manual. This comprehensive 78-page PDF file features a wealth of information about our facilities, programs, and research initiatives and a complete guide to planning a course with us for your student group.
RIMS Summer Internships
Information and Reservation Requests
We would like your visit to our facility the best it can be. In order for us to accommodate your academic needs, we ask that you arrange your schedule with our Education Coordinator prior to your arrival. We can help simplify the process of organizing and planning your course so that you can invest your time in teaching rather than logistics. Please contact us for further information regarding available programs, scheduling, and research approval.
Please submit your student group reservation request by using the form below. A reservation agent will contact you within 24-48 hours, during regular office hours, to confirm the details of your request. Booking office hours are Monday to Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST