Honduras Entry Requirements
Updated October 12, 2021
Roatan, Honduras is open for travel! The Government of Honduras has implemented new requirements and help streamline your arrival to the country. Completing these steps will ensure the effectiveness of airport biosecurity protocols to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. See the official press release here.
Requirements for Entering Honduras
Be sure you’re prepared — you won’t be allowed to board the plane if you don’t complete the requirements!
- You cannot submit the forms until 48 hours before your arrival date. Before the 48-hour timeframe, you can advance the process by creating an account on the site and getting your username and password. (This is to avoid excess records in the immigration system).
- It is best to complete the form on a desktop or laptop rather than a mobile device.
1.) Honduras Immigration Online Precheck
The first prerequisite for entering Honduras is to complete the online Immigration Forms here: https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/
- New users will need to register for an account on the site.
- Wait for a confirmation email, and then log in with your username and password.
- Returning users can proceed to log in.
Once you have an active account, log in to complete three (2) forms: Immigration Precheck and Health Survey
1.) Immigration Precheck (Prechequeo)
To complete the Precheck Form, you will need:
- Your passport (number and expiry date)
- Flight details (airline, flight #, and date)
- Address of where you will be staying.
- Switch to English in the upper right of the screen. See Here
- Create Precheck See Here
- Enter Trip Information Step 1 See Example Step 2 See Example
- Enter Personal Information See Example
- Click Save on the final Review and Confirm page. See Example
- Once you have clicked “Save,” the system will send a confirmation email with an attached PDF and QR Code. (You will also be able to find the PDF on the home page of your account.)
- Save the PDF to your phone or print to have it available when asked for it.
- Family members may use the same login account to create additional “prechecks” as needed. Return to the home page, click on “Create Precheck,” and repeat the steps for each person.
(Not all fields are translated into English on the immigration website.)
- For the United States, go to E and select “Estados Unidos de Norte America.”
- Type of transport: AEREO
- Immigration office: JUAN MANUEL GALVEZ
- Destination address: “Anthonys Key Resort” without the apostrophe. (Do not use commas or other special characters.)
- Destination state: ISLAS DE LA BAHIA
- Destination city: ROATAN
2.) Health Survey
To complete the Health Survey, you will need:
- A photo of your passport page.
- A photo of your COVID-19 VACCINATION CARD or COVID-19 TEST results. (The file format must be a JPG or PNG. PDFs will not work.)
- Return to the home page and click on the link for the Health Survey. See Example Here or Click Here.
- You are not required to print this form. Additionally, you will not receive a confirmation email.
- The health survey is for the Honduran Health Department; although submitted electronically, you MUST also bring your physical, ORIGINAL Vaccination Card or Negative Covid-19 Test for Immigration. You will be denied boarding or entry into the country without them.
Customs Declaration Form: You will be offered a paper Customs Form on the flight to Honduras, which you will need to complete and submit to the immigration officer upon arrival. One form for family traveling together is all that is required.
Refer to this User Guide for further assistance.
Contact Us Here With Any Questions
2.) COVID-19 Vaccine Card for Fully Vaccinated Travelers
If you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and traveling at least 14 days after your final shot, you DO NOT need to get tested for COVID-19.
You will need:
- The ORIGINAL Vaccination Card that was given to you at the vaccination site.
- You will need to show the physical card to the immigration officer in Roatan upon arrival.
- Immigration will NOT accept photocopies, medical records, or digital copies.
- If you’ve lost your card, you should be able to get a replacement card at the location where you received the vaccine.
You are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19: 14 days or more after you have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca), or 14 days or more after you have received a single-dose vaccine (J&J/Janssen).
3.) COVID-19 Test for Non-Vaccinated or Not Fully Vaccinated Travelers
If you are NOT vaccinated or NOT fully vaccinated, you WILL need to get tested for COVID-19.
You will need:
- A negative COVID-19 test, taken not more than 72 hours before you enter Honduras.
Accepted Tests for COVID-19:
- Rapid Antigen Test for detection of COVID-19
- Polymerase Chain Reaction Test (rt-PCR) in real-time.
4.) Airport Security Protocols
All travelers vaccinated or not are required to comply with airport biosecurity protocols:
- Wear face coverings correctly.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Use hand sanitizing gel as instructed.
Standard Entry Requirements:
- U.S. citizens are required to have a U.S. passport with at least six months validity beyond return travel dates.
- Residents of South America or persons traveling en route from South America to Honduras will be required to show proof of the Yellow Fever Vaccination.
- Residents of all other countries should check with the Honduran Embassy for specific entry requirements.
COVID-19 Testing is Required to Re-enter the United States
The CDC requires COVID-19 testing for all air passengers arriving in the U.S. from a foreign country no more than 3 days before their flight departs. COVID-19 Testing is available at Anthony’s Key Resort. So whether you’re a guest staying at the resort or staying somewhere else in Roatan, you can access quick, easy, and affordable testing at Cornerstone Medical Clinic.
Click here to learn more and/or to schedule your test while in Roatan.