Honduras Entry Requirements
Updated December 27, 2021
Roatan, Honduras is open for travel! The Government of Honduras has implemented new requirements and help streamline your arrival to the country. Completing these steps will ensure the effectiveness of airport biosecurity protocols to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. See the official press release here.
Requirements for Entering Honduras
Be sure you’re prepared — you won’t be allowed to board the plane if you don’t complete the requirements!
- The Immigration precheck cannot be completed until 48 hours before your arrival date.
- It is best to use a desktop or laptop rather than a mobile device.
1.) Honduras Immigration Online Precheck
When traveling to Roatan, you will need to complete two online forms.
a) Immigration Precheck:
The online Immigration Precheck can be found here: https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn/
- New users will need to register for an account on the site.
- Wait for a confirmation email, and then log in with your username and password.
- Returning users can proceed to log in.
- Family members or persons traveling together may use the same login to complete individual prechecks.
Once you have an active account, log in to complete the process.
To complete the Immigration Precheck, you will need:
- Your passport (number and expiry date)
- Flight details (airline, flight #, and date)
- Address of where you will be staying.
- Switch to English in the upper right of the screen. See Here
- Create Precheck See Here
- Enter Trip Information Step 1 See Example Step 2 See Example
- Enter Personal Information See Example
- Click Save on the final Review and Confirm page. See Example
- Once you have clicked “Save,” the system will send a confirmation email with an attached PDF and QR Code. (You will also be able to find the PDF on the home page of your account.)
- Save the PDF to your phone or print to have it available when asked for it.
- Family members may use the same login account to create additional “prechecks” as needed. Return to the home page, click on “Create Precheck,” and repeat the steps for each person.
(Not all fields are translated into English. Please refer to the User Guide for translation.)
- For the United States, go to E and select “Estados Unidos de Norte America.”
- Type of transport: AEREO
- Immigration office: JUAN MANUEL GALVEZ
- Destination address: “Anthonys Key Resort” without the apostrophe. (Do not use commas or other special characters.)
- Destination state: ISLAS DE LA BAHIA
- Destination city: ROATAN
b) Health Form:
The link to the Health Form will pop up once the precheck form is completed. The link if needed is https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/3LC6FbGX
- Before you submit the Health Form, you need to take a photo of the generated Form ID. This one step MUST be done in the Spanish format as it does not display correctly in English.
- Detailed instructions are included in the User Guide.
- Port of Arrival: Aeropuerto Internacional Juan Manuel Galvés. (Roatan’s Airport)
NOTE: You will not receive any confirmation message or email upon submission.
Refer to this User Guide for further assistance.
2.) COVID-19 Vaccine Card for Fully Vaccinated Travelers
If you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and traveling at least 14 days after your final shot, you DO NOT need to get tested for COVID-19.
You will need:
- The ORIGINAL Vaccination Card that was given to you at the vaccination site.
- You will need to show the physical card to the immigration officer in Roatan upon arrival.
- Immigration will NOT accept photocopies, medical records, or digital copies.
- If you’ve lost your card, you should be able to get a replacement card at the location where you received the vaccine.
You are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19: 14 days or more after you have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca), or 14 days or more after you have received a single-dose vaccine (J&J/Janssen).
3.) COVID-19 Test for Non-Vaccinated or Not Fully Vaccinated Travelers
Testing is required for anyone aged 1 year or older if NOT vaccinated or NOT fully vaccinated.
You will need:
- A negative COVID-19 test, taken not more than 72 hours before you enter Honduras.
Accepted Tests for COVID-19:
- Rapid Antigen Test for detection of COVID-19
- Polymerase Chain Reaction Test (rt-PCR) in real-time.
4.) Airport Security Protocols
All travelers vaccinated or not are required to comply with airport biosecurity protocols:
- Wear face coverings correctly.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Use hand sanitizing gel as instructed.
Contact Us Here With Any Questions
Standard Entry Requirements:
- U.S. citizens are required to have a U.S. passport with at least six months validity beyond return travel dates.
- Residents of South America or persons traveling en route from South America to Honduras will be required to show proof of the Yellow Fever Vaccination.
- Residents of all other countries should check with the Honduran Embassy for specific entry requirements.
COVID-19 Testing is Required to Re-enter the United States
The CDC requires COVID-19 Testing for all air passengers arriving in the U.S. from a foreign country. COVID-19 Testing is available at Anthony’s Key Resort. Whether you’re a guest staying at the resort or staying somewhere else in Roatan, you can access quick, easy, and affordable Testing at Cornerstone Medical Clinic.
Click here to learn more and/or to schedule your test while in Roatan.