United States Covid-19 Testing Entry Requirements
COVID-19 Requirements to Enter the United States
December 2, 2021 CDC Update:
A Negative COVID-19 Test or Documentation of Recovery is required for all air passengers, two years of age or older, flying internationally to the United States.
- You will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status or citizenship) no more than 1 day before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
- If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).
You are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks (14 days) after your dose of an accepted single-dose COVID-19 vaccine; or
- 2 weeks (14 days) after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series COVID-19 vaccine; or
- 2 weeks (14 days) after you received the full series of an active (not placebo) COVID-19 vaccine in the U.S.-based AstraZeneca or Novavax COVID-19 vaccine trials; or
- 2 weeks (14 days) after you received 2 doses of any “mix-and-match” combination of accepted COVID-19 vaccines administered at least 17 days apart.*
If you don’t meet these requirements, you are NOT fully vaccinated.
Please visit the CDC website for complete details and answers to frequently asked questions here.
COVID-19 Testing is Available Onsite
As always, our goal at Anthony’s Key Resort is to make your vacation care-free, memorable, and safe! Cornerstone Medical Services & Hyperbaric Chamber is conveniently located on the property of Anthony’s Key Resort and is a government-approved COVID-19 testing center. Refer to the letter V on the resort’s property map here.
- The clinic’s laboratory offers SARS-CoV-2 rapid antigen tests with same-day test results.
- The cost of the test is $50 US/USD for Nasopharyngeal or Saliva Swab test.
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I schedule my test?
Our guests are offered priority testing at 7:00 am daily. Upon arrival at Anthony’s Key Resort, you will be able to schedule your pre-departure test with a staff member at the Front Desk.
What happens if I test positive?
The CDC states that you should self-isolate and delay travel if symptoms develop or a pre-departure test result is positive until you have recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must refuse to board anyone who does not provide a negative test result for COVID-19 or Documentation of Recovery.
Where will I stay if I have to quarantine?
We are prepared to assist guests with accommodations (that we have on reserve) should the need arise.
What would be the cost if I have to quarantine, and does that include meals?
We’re extending a special nightly rate that includes three meals with delivery in the event you need to quarantine.
How long will I have to stay in quarantine?
The standard quarantine requirement is 12 days for asymptomatic or mild cases.
How would the doctors monitor us?
When in quarantine at AKR, one of the doctors can visit your room for an evaluation (depending on the severity of your symptoms.) If symptoms worsen and frequent monitoring becomes necessary hospitalization would be advised. The cost of each doctor visit is approximately $60 US/USD, not including the cost of any medication that may be prescribed.
The CDC says we would need documentation of recovery to fly back to the US; how would the doctors determine that I have recovered?
Once you meet the criteria for quarantine, the doctor would do a physical evaluation and provide Documentation of Recovery.
Can I get the test done at the clinic if I’m not a guest at Anthony’s Key Resort?
Yes, Cornerstone Medical Services provides COVID-19 testing for the general public. Non-resort guests may walk in during testing times at 10 am and 2 pm every weekday.
Does the clinic offer PCR testing?
No, the clinic does not currently offer PCR testing. There are other locations on the island that offer PCR testing with an appointment.
- Ramos Clinic: (+504-3325-2911) (Mon-Fri opens at 7:30 am)
- $230 Results are available in 36 hours.
- $347 Results are available in 12 hours.
- Unimed Urgent Care: (+504-9560-9945) (Mon-Fri opens at 7:30 am)
- $250 Results are available in 36 hours.
- Island Med Clinic: (+504-2445-1551 or +504-9481-8720) (Mon-Fri opens at 7 am-3 pm, Sat 8 am -1 pm)
- $250 Results are available in 12-36 hours.
- Woods Clinic: (+1 305-744-2365) (8 am-6 pm)
- $200 Results are available in 48 hours.
Travel Medical Insurance
In all circumstances, we encourage each of our guests to purchase travel insurance to help protect against unforeseen emergencies that can occur at any time. We often recommend Dive Assure or INSUBUY travel insurance providers and advise that you purchase a plan that covers COVID-19 medical and quarantine accommodation expenses. Individuals are typically responsible for paying out of pocket and then seek reimbursement from the insurance provider. For further information, please contact the travel insurance companies directly.
COVID-19 testing is available for anyone visiting or living in Roatan. We offer two types of rapid antigen tests a Nasopharyngeal test or a Saliva Swab.
- Nasopharyngeal swab test: A swab is inserted straight back horizontally to the nasopharynx until resistance is met. The swab is then rotated up to 5 times and held in place 5-10 seconds to collect the sample.
- Saliva swab test: A swab is inserted and run along the walls of the mouth, the back of the throat, and under the tongue to collect the sample. Saliva samples have similar sensitivity in detecting SARS – COV- 2, just like the widely used nasal swabs.
Results typically back in less than 2 hours. When picking up your test, please ensure that the names on your test results are EXACTLY as they are written in your passport. Airlines will reject the test results if the names on the test do not match the names on your passport. Bring a copy of your passport to the appointment for safe measure.
COVID-19 Testing Appointment
Click here if you would like to schedule an appointment in advance.
Walk-in (no appointment) Testing Times:
- Monday – Friday: 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM
- Sunday: 10:00 AM
Please Note: Alternate testing times are available for guests staying at Anthony’s Key Resort. Please visit the Front Desk during your stay to schedule your appointment.