United States Covid-19 Testing Entry Requirements
COVID-19 Testing Requirements to Enter the United States
As of January 26, 2021, the CDC requires COVID-19 testing for all air passengers arriving in the U.S. from a foreign country. All passengers must get tested no more than 3 days before their flight departs and provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight.
- A negative test result must show that the test was done within three days before the flight.
- CDC requires that air passengers arriving in the U.S. have a paper or electronic copy of their test results for review by the airline before you board and for potential review by public health officials after you arrive in the U.S.
Please visit the CDC website for complete details and answers to frequently asked questions here.
COVID-19 Testing is Available Onsite
As always, our goal at Anthony’s Key Resort is to make your vacation care-free, memorable, and safe! Cornerstone Medical Services & Hyperbaric Chamber is conveniently located on the property of Anthony’s Key Resort and is a government-approved COVID-19 testing center. Refer to the letter V on the resort’s property map here.
- The clinic’s laboratory offers SARS-CoV-2 rapid antigen tests with same-day test results.
- The cost of the test is $50 US/USD
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I schedule my test?
Our guests are offered priority testing at 7:00 am daily. Upon arrival at Anthony’s Key Resort, you will be able to schedule your pre-departure test with a staff member at the Front Desk.
What happens if I test positive?
The CDC states that you should self-isolate and delay travel if symptoms develop or a pre-departure test result is positive until you have recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must refuse to board anyone who does not provide a negative test result for COVID-19 or Documentation of Recovery.
Where will I stay if I have to quarantine?
We are prepared to assist guests with accommodations (that we have on reserve) should the need arise.
What would be the cost if I have to quarantine and does that include meals?
We’re extending a special nightly rate that includes three meals with delivery, in the event, you need to quarantine.
Self-quarantine Nightly Rate
|One room single occupancy||$105 plus 19% tax||US/USD|
|One room double occupancy (2 persons)||$135 plus 19% tax||US/USD|
- Superior category room
- 3 Meals daily with delivery service (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner per person)
- Free Wifi
- Mini fridge
How long will I have to stay in quarantine?
The standard quarantine requirement is 12 days for asymptomatic or mild cases.
How would the doctors monitor us?
When in quarantine at AKR, one of the doctors would visit your room for an evaluation every two to three days (depending on the severity of your symptoms.) If symptoms worsen and more frequent visits become necessary, hospitalization would be advised. The cost of each doctor visit is approximately $60 US/USD, not including the cost of any medication that may be prescribed.
The CDC says we would need documentation of recovery to fly back to the US, how would the doctors determine that I have recovered?
Once you meet the criteria for quarantine, the doctor would do a physical evaluation and provide Documentation of Recovery.
Can I get the test done at the clinic if I’m not a guest at Anthony’s Key Resort?
Yes, Cornerstone Medical Services provides COVID-19 testing for the general public. Non-resort guests may book an appointment online here.
Does the clinic offer PCR testing?
No, the clinic does not currently offer PCR testing. There are other locations on the island that offer PCR testing with an appointment.
- Ramos Clinic: (+504-3325-2911) (Mon-Fri opens at 7:30 am)
- $230 Results are available in 36 hours.
- $347 Results are available in 12 hours.
- Unimed Urgent Care: (+504-9560-9945) (Mon-Fri opens at 7:30 am)
- $250 Results are available in 36 hours.
- Island Med Clinic: (+504-2445-1551 or +504-9481-8720) (Mon-Fri opens at 7 am-3 pm, Sat 8 am -1 pm)
- $250 Results are available in 12-36 hours.
- Woods Clinic: (+1 305-744-2365) (8 am-6 pm)
- $200 Results are available in 48 hours.
Travel Medical Insurance
In all circumstances, we encourage each of our guests to purchase travel insurance to help protect against unforeseen emergencies that can occur at any time. We often recommend Dive Assure or INSUBUY travel insurance providers and advise that you purchase a plan that covers COVID-19 medical and quarantine accommodation expenses. Individuals are typically responsible for paying out of pocket and then seek reimbursement from the insurance provider. For further information, please contact the travel insurance companies directly.
Should you have any questions, you may contact us using the form below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.