If you're short on time but really want to become a diver, take the PADI Scuba Diver Course!
This course is a subset of the full PADI Open Water Diver course.
If you're short on time but really want to become a diver!
PADI Discover Scuba Diving Course
The PADI Scuba Diver course is a subset of the PADI Open Water Diver course. If you're short on time but want to become a diver, the PADI Scuba Diver rating might be right for you — particularly if you expect to go scuba diving primarily with a dive guide. This course is an intermediate step for earning an Open Water Diver certification if that's your ultimate goal.
PADI Scuba Divers are qualified to:
- Dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Professional to a maximum depth of 12 meters / 40 feet.
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities as long as properly supervised.
- Continue dive training by completing the PADI Open Water Diver certification and taking certain specialty diver courses.
No prior experience with scuba diving is required, but you can try it first through the Discover Scuba Diving program.
The PADI Scuba Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development to understand basic principles of scuba diving - you will need to complete the first 3 of 5 sections of the Open Water Diver course.
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills - 3 of 5 dives of the Open Water Diver course.
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore - 2 of 4 dives of the Open Water Diver course.