Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Due to the remote location and demanding working conditions, PADI GoPro Courses and internships may not be for everyone. Included below are a few more things to consider before signing up.
You will be required to sign and submit the following forms:
- Dive Waiver
- Program Expectations and Behavioral Code of Conduct
- Emergency Information and Contacts
- Students will stay on Anthony’s Key property in stander bungalows with an en suite bathroom. Standard rooms have louvered windows and fans and are not air-conditioned. Multi-occupancy dorm-style rooms with air-conditioning and twin bunk beds may be available upon request. A minimum of four occupants for the dorm room is required booking and they are not coed.
- All meals are served in AKR’s dining room and shirt and/or bathing suit cover-ups are required. Please let the Course Director know in advance of your arrival if you are a vegetarian or have food allergies so we may accommodate your needs.
- The water at our facility and in your rooms is treated and safe to drink.
- Students must be respectful of and compatible with fellow students and the other residents in the dormitory-style accommodations.
- The weather on the island from March to September is hot and humid. Plan to spend long periods of time outdoors and in the ocean.
- PADI Career Development courses require long hours of physical work outdoors in a variety of sea and weather conditions. As such applicants must be in good physical condition and feel comfortable working on boats for extended periods.
- Our facility and your accommodations are nestled in the lush tropical hillside. Encounters with mosquitoes, sand fleas, ants, termites, spiders, crabs, geckos, and iguanas are unavoidable.
- Wireless Internet access is available at no charge but service can be slow at times. Please limit what you download.
- While a detailed schedule for the entire program will be provided upon acceptance, please keep in mind that inclement weather or other unforeseen events can change day-to-day plans.
- Due to our remote location, food choices may be more limited than what you may be accustomed to.
- Our facility does not provide laundry service. Off-site laundry service is available with same-day pick-up and drop and is relatively inexpensive.
- A clinic, pharmacy, and recompression chamber are located on-site and the doctors are on call 24/7. Our physicians are well experienced in treating travel, tropical, and dive-related health issues. Please alert your Course Director immediately if any health problem or illness should develop. Bring any medications you may need with you during your stay.
- While a clinic and recompression chamber is on-site, AKR does not provide medical insurance. All students are required to purchase an overseas medical insurance policy and ensure they have adequate medical coverage.
- DAN (Diver Alert Network) diving and evacuation insurance is required.
- Personal expenses and gratuities are the responsibility of the student.